Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 October 2013

???

Walking through the slowly decaying centre of my town...
For just a second , I caught something in the corner of my eye. Sitting at a table in the cafe downstairs, I could see a small child with sunken, hollow eyes. Skin the colour of a dead hand.
 Although it was only an instant, my mind raced through the possibles.
I'd finally broken through the veil of illusion and could see the dead.
I was witnessing a vision from a future not yet set. A small survivor from a terrible holocaust, somehow projected back as a warning against human hatred and ignorance. A bleak sigul that our future lies in cooperation and fairness for all.

It wasn't until the next second, when I saw another dressed as a pumpkin, that I realised what was really happening. 

Thinking about it now, she did seem a bit too happy to be a projection of a distant and brutal future. It was the can of pop that she stuck her grisly little mouth around that  put the lid on it.

A strange time of year. There's so many things hidden  behind garish costumes , bumper bags of sugary treats, bonfires and Christmas Trees.
 Life, death, the mingling of worlds seen and unseen, beginnings and ending...magic if you wil.

I carried on . My destination, one of the big four to buy some crisps.

I  live in truly contrary and confusing  times...

No comments:

Post a Comment