Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 November 2011

Listen sometimes

I spent part of this morning talking to a gentleman from The Sudan, who used to spend his days diving into the deep blue waters of The Red Sea.


 Personally, it always makes me feel very lucky to meet someone who comes from somewhere else and has stories to tell. I forget all about my job and just want to listen, form  pictures in my head from the accounts they give me.


Sometimes their stories are like  a lot like mine but shaped differently  due to their culture, other times they're very different and so far removed from my own experiences of living in  a system based on democracy. It's one of the things I love about doing what I do, meeting different people.


Unfortunately in life, we have no option but to look at things from our own perspective and because of this, many will always only see the darkest side of things, it's not anyone's fault, just human nature to seek a cause for our own ills in others actions. We are none of us immune to it.


I feel that it comes to a certain point about people and how they perceive  the world around them.  
Some see it as harsh and react so, some see it as life and the flow of things and are able to accept it with grace and  gentleness .


I envy them, for I am only able to do this fleetingly and am prone to cursing things when wants and hopes fall flat.


At least now I have the thoughts of  sunlight and warm blue water to keep me going under the dark November skies...





No comments:

Post a Comment