Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 June 2012

Shut up...


I hate to think about it but the world I work in has a really strong corporate side.
Why would I dislike it so much, why would I be surprised about this? after all, I knew the world I was moving into would be very different to my former one, more grown up, more responsible.
The essence of it is this. I do what I do because of the people I help. 
 I don't do it so that I can be without a personality and an imagination.
Inspections, the instruction that no personal things can be seen when being inspected , the insistence that all is the same.....this really does it for me. 
They might as well say that the inspectors won't be able  understand anything that doesn't have our name and logo on it, they'll  mark us down if you act like yourself, everybody stand in front of the company banner and sing.. Jesus.


Who am I kidding though, this is what the real world is about. The actual and the pretence.
The actual is what happens when nobody is threatened by the big bad inspection wolf and the money rolls in, pretence is when they want you to save every body's ass , especially theirs.


That's when this cog wants to stop and go backwards, feel the sharp judder of the machine backing up and stalling. It's a depressing fact that everything is increasingly  aimed at making money for boards and shareholders, the real reason for doing things has been lost somewhere 


My attitude and thought process do of course give me cause for concern. Why react in this way, why feel angry and uncooperative about all this. Really, the answer is simple, I don't think this way. I've never had a corporate bone in my body.


I do have  a want to meet and help people and a curious mind that makes me ask people about how they got where they are and what their lives are like and what they really need to get out of the shit they're in.


I don't need corporate mentality for that, just my own mind.


Now, everybody...sing





No comments:

Post a Comment